Looks like we’ve got ourselves another evil link train coming through the Beyond the Rhetoric station and who am I to deny them entry? It seems like an eternity ago that I first hopped onto a train named My Name is My Domain. Later on, we saw the Technorati-branded train. These are all fine and dandy, but that didn’t stop Kelly Cho from fabricating another choo-choo machine for all of us to enjoy.
Brought to my attention by none other than Stephen Fung is the Feed Me Train, encouraging people to subscribe to the RSS feeds of fellow bloggers such as myself. It might not be quite as evil as the Facebook scheme, but it’s just as interesting.
Get ready to copy and paste!
***Start Copying Here:***
Here are the rules:
1) Write a short introduction about how you found this list and include a link back to that blog.
2) COPY the rules and ENTIRE list below and post it on your blog.
3) Take the blogs in “My New Subscriptions” and move them into the “The Original Subscriptions” list.
4) Share 3 blogs you read, add them to your feed reader and add them to the “My New Subscriptions” section. Remember to also add the “Feed Me” link next to your new blogs. ( Example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/BeyondTheRhetoric). Make sure it’s a valid link.
5) Add each feed listed here to your reader by clicking on “Feed Me”. The goal is to have more subscribers reading your blog, and you should be reading others too! Don’t feel obligated though… after all, you don’t want clutter in your Reader!
My New Subscriptions
The Original Subscriptions
Kelly Cho – Feed Me *
Freelance Writing (Michael Kwan) – Feed Me
Stunt Actor (Leo Chiang) – Feed Me
Brice Wong – Feed Me
True Life (Shawn Knight) – Feed Me
Reformat This – Feed Me
Samanathon – Feed Me
Ms. Danielle – Read Me
Internet Marketing (Mr. Gary Lee) – Feed Me
Web Development (Jon Lee) – Feed Me
Awesome (Ed Lau)- Feed Me
Derrich – Feed Me
Derek Semmler – Feed Me
Dosh Dosh – Feed Me
The Thinking Blog – Feed Me
Everyday Weekender – Feed Me
PureBlogging – Feed Me
Loca Lingo – Feed Me
Marisa’s Dandelion Patch – Feed Me
Stephen Fung – Feed Me
Untwisted Vortex – Feed Me
Julie’s Journal – Feed Me **
* – Train engineer
** – Last wagon
***End Copying Here***
Stephen also mentioned a great tip if you’re worried about cluttering up your RSS reader:
You can use Google Reader, which has an excellent folder system. I’ve created a folder called “Feed Train” and put everyone in there that wasn’t already on my feed list.
I followed his advice and did the same. I also took the liberty of changing the anchor text on a few blogs (SEO), keeping the bloggers’ names in parentheses.